Real estate is one of the fastest-growing industries in the Philippines, and with its constant growth comes a compelling opportunity for real estate management graduates to take the real estate appraiser exam. By being a licensed real estate appraiser, you gain a deeper understanding of the industry, enhance your marketability, increase your earning potential, and open yourself up to new career opportunities.
Here are ten compelling reasons why Real Estate Management graduates in the Philippines should seriously consider taking the real estate appraiser exam:
Unlock the Benefits of Becoming a Real Estate Appraiser: 10 Reasons Why You Should Take the Exam
1. Meet the growing demand: The real estate industry in the Philippines is growing at a staggering pace, and there is a significant shortage of licensed real estate appraisers. You can fill in the gap and help sustain the industry's growth by obtaining a license.
2. Enhance your skillset: Real estate appraisers hold essential skills in high demand in the industry, such as property valuation, market analysis, and real estate investment analysis. Adding these skills to your professional portfolio makes you more valuable to potential employers, colleagues, and clients.
3. Unlock higher earning potential: As a licensed real estate appraiser, you can earn lucrative fees for your services. Real estate transactions frequently involve large amounts of money, and your input helps ensure the success of the transaction. By having the ability to work as a broker and appraiser, you will be opening up opportunities to increase your earning potential.
4. Gain accreditation: Being a licensed real estate appraiser provides you with professional recognition from the relevant stakeholders in the industry. This recognition can enhance your credibility and reputation as a respected professional in the field.
5. Legal Compliance: In the Philippines, all real estate transactions require a licensed appraiser to provide a property valuation. By becoming licensed, you will be complying with the law and will be able to offer your services to all clients who require a property valuation.
6. Increase your marketability: As a professional with both real estate broker and appraiser licenses, you are more marketable and competitive in the industry. You gain a broader range of skills and knowledge, allowing you to offer more comprehensive services to your clients.
7. Opportunities to work with banks: Banks require the services of licensed appraisers to value properties for mortgage lending purposes, enabling you to be a valuable selection. By providing professional, detailed appraisals, you become an invaluable asset to banks, increasing your earning potential as well.
8. Diverse learning: The real estate appraiser exam includes subjects that are relevant to the real estate broker's exam. By obtaining both licenses, you expose yourself to a broad spectrum of skills and knowledge, including market analysis and investment analysis, which is a significant advantage.
9. Open to new career options: A licensed real estate appraiser opens up opportunities to work in other areas, such as being an expert witness, lecturer, or even starting a business. Your acquired skills, knowledge, and experience, have immense potential in related career opportunities.
10. Professional development: The real estate appraiser exam provides an opportunity for professional development, allowing you to broaden your expertise, network, and credibility in the industry. Becoming a licensed appraiser instills confidence in your clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
Having the privilege to take the appraiser exam by virtue of completing a bachelor’s degree in real estate management (BSREM) should be seen as an opportunity. There are only 11,000 Real Estate Appraisers currently registered with the Professional Regulation Commission, and with a few percent of them actively practicing, it indicates a clear gap in supply and demand in terms of real estate appraisal services. Taking the exam and becoming a Licensed Appraiser would be an accomplishment that could help you stand out from the rest, as well as open up new doors for career progression. In addition, obtaining this certification enhances your potential for career advancement and provides a notable addition to your professional profile. With this credential under your belt, your resume will exude confidence, credibility, and competence. Overall, taking the appraiser exam should be seen as a valuable step in growing your skillset and experience and positioning you for success. The benefits are well worth the effort and can advance your professional journey in the competitive real estate industry.
Do you want to enroll in our review program? Click the link below to register, or contact us today to learn more.
Want to learn more about our program? Inquire today!